We’ve compiled a list of the golf balls the top professionals use on tour. The most popular pro golf balls in 2020 are the Titleist Pro V1x, Bridgestone Tour B XS, TaylorMade TP5, Callaway Chrome Soft X.
What golf balls do men pros use (2020)
- Tiger Woods – Bridgestone Tour B XS
- Rory Mcllroy – TaylorMade TP5
- Jon Rahm – TaylorMade TP5
- Bubba Watson – Titleist Pro V1x
- Jordan Speith – Titleist Pro V1x
- Patrick Reed – Titleist Pro V1x
- Phil Mickelson – Callaway Chrome Soft X
- Brooks Koepka – Titleist Pro V1x
- Justin Rose – TaylorMade TP5
- Dustin Johnson – TaylorMade TP5
- Rickie Fowler – TaylorMade TP5
- Jason Day – TaylorMade TP5
- Justin Thomas – Titleist Pro V1x
- Webb Simpson – Titleist Pro V1x
- Bryson DeChambeau – Bridgestone Tour B XS
- Xander Schauffele – Callaway Chrome Soft X
- Adam Scott – Titleist Pro V1x
- Tommy Fleetwood – Titleist Pro V1x
- Tony Finau – Titleist Pro V1x
- Matt Kuchar – Bridgestone Tour B XS
- Kevin Na – Titleist Pro V1x
- Sergio Garcia – Titleist Pro V1x
What golf balls do women pros use (2020)
- Danielle Kang – Titleist Pro V1x
- Inbee Park – Srixon Z-star
- Minjee Lee – Srixon Z-star
- Jin-yang Ko – Titleist Pro V1x
- Lexi Thompson – Bridgestone Tour B XS
- Min Jee Lee – Srixon Z-star
- Park Sung Hyun – TaylorMade TP5
- Brooke Henderson –Titleist Pro V1x
- Jasmine Suwannapura – Titleist Pro V1x
Best golf balls for a beginner
You’ve probably spent a lot of money on your golf clubs, and as you head for the door you grab a handful of old mixed golf balls.
Imagine standing on the green with a 10 foot putt and as it rolls it bobbles past the hole, or you hit a long drive only for the ball to hit the ground and stop dead!
Although old or cheap golf balls will save you money, they’re not going to do much to improve your score.
Spending money on expensive pro golf balls is not going to help your game either when you’re a beginner. Look for a mid range priced ball, that has good quality construction.
Good quality golf balls are as important as a good set of golf clubs. They will be more accurate and travel further, and react better to the shot you’re trying to make.
For a low handicap player playing with the same brand and quality ball will help your overall consistency, and you’ll get to know how the ball will react in different situations.
The only way you’re going to know which ball is best for you is to test them yourself. We’ve listed our top picks below.
12 Products Tested
13 Hours Testing
Tried & Tested Golf Balls
We tested a range of balls, and below is a list of some of our favourites.
|1. Pro Golf Ball||5/5|
|2. Pro Golf Ball||5/5|
|3. Pro Golf Ball||5/5|
|4. Best Overall||4.9/5|
|5. Best For Beginners||4.0/5|
|6. Best On A Budget||4.2/5|
|7. Best Value||4.7/5|
What is a golf ball made of?
Golf balls are made of different materials, including a rubber core and outer layers. Better quality balls have more layers than the cheaper balls, making them travel further and last longer. They also will add more spin when needed, and as your skill levels improve, you can make the ball react in differing ways.
1-Piece Golf Ball
This is the basic golf ball consisting of a single core piece and the outer cover. These balls are the cheapest on the market. Good for the beginner, who is just finding their way around the course. They’re the cheapest balls on the market, losing a few on the golf course isn’t a problem.
2-Piece Golf Ball
If you’re looking for a better golf ball these are are still good ball for a beginner. There rubber core will help you hit the ball further and with more accuracy. Ideal for the beginner who has a a few rounds under their belt.
3-Piece Golf Ball
This is the mid range ball offering the golfer a step up from the 2 piece. Constructed with the inner core of rubber and an extra second rubber layer and covered by Surlyn resin, giving the ball more durability.
4-Piece Golf Ball
These balls are for the more advanced golfer. The 4-Piece offers you more control with spin. It’s a more expensive ball and comes with a solid rubber core and two more layers of rubber, and covered with urethane that combines the strength of rigid plastics and the flexibility and elasticity of rubber.
5-Piece Golf Ball
Introduced in 2010 This is the top of the range ball used by professionals, and the most expensive balls on the market. There is also now a 6-Piece golf ball made by Maxifli.
Always choose the best quality ball you can afford, and when you find one you’re happy with, stick to it!. Using a ball that you can hit further and with more accuracy, and knowing how your ball will react when you take your shot, will help reduce your score by a few shots.